Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Day 2 of National Poetry Month

It is day three and I am on day two of a National Poetry Month challenge: I'm determined to write a poem a day in April.

Today's word to incorporate into a poem is pithy, given out very generously by the madman behind Madness! Poetry, Ed DeCaria.
.
#iheartfilters

Unlike yesterday's nonet form, the form I used today does not, that I know of, have a name.  If I were to rewrite it, I would change the rhyme scheme a bit so that there was rhyming between the stanzas to create a better flow in the poem.  But, since perfect poetry is not what I'm after this month, it remains.

If you're playing along, here is its basic form (- unstressed syllables, / stressed syllables):

- - / - - / A
- - / - - / B
- / - - / - - / B
- - / - - / C
- - / - - / D
- / - - / - - / D






No comments:

Post a Comment

#50PreciousWords 2023 with Vivian Kirkfield

Vivian Kirkfield is hosting her annual writing contest.  The challenge is to write a story for children in 50 words or less.  Head over to h...